Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Father's Wish - Jim Wilhite January 10, 1973 - August 10, 2009

The Wilhites have been friends of ours for many years. The horseshoe man of our little town always had the biggest smile, and the tightest hand shake. "You always look a person right in the eye, and give them a hard hand shake." I would remember him telling me,"That's how you know if a person is good people." Jim was a cowboy, yes a real cowboy, he rode bulls in his early years. Married the girl who tied a rope around his heart Doris and has three beautiful children Jimmy, Jonny, and Tatiana. His presence was always known wherever he would be, a good man. Jim was diagnosed with cancer during the early fall of last year. Not knowing yet how severe the cancer was, and the battle he was going to have to fight this aggressive disease. One day I received an email from a good friend asking close friends and the community if they can reach out to the Wilhites family during the holiday season as Jim was going to go through chemo. My heart ached as I read the email and I replied if my gift could be to give the family a photo session. Not a day went by when I received an email back saying when we can schedule. I wanted to share a few of the images from our session and remember a son, brother, husband, father, neighbor, and a dear friend. One of the songs we are using for his dvd slideshow is My Wish from Rascal Flats. These lyrics struck a chord as words coming from Jim to his kids, "My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to, Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small, You never need to carry more than you can hold, And while you're out there getting where you're getting to, I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too, Yeah, this, is my wish."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. "Love it good job Rita...very well said! Jim... you will be missed"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful Rita. Our hearts go out to the Wilhites and all the family and friends! They are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia Salcedo PortraitureAugust 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM

    Our jobs are the best in the world!!! We can stop time for a moment and the results last a lifetime. These photos will surely be the most cherished item the Wilhites will ever have of their husband and father. I say item because they carry him in their hearts and THAT, can't be seen but felt. Wonderful gift Rita!

    ReplyDelete