Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez + San Juan Capistrano Basilica Mission Wedding Photographer



You know the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." How true are these words that breathe's life into this couple. Their story begins when they fell in love at a young age, with the timing not being right,  they broke apart. They ended up starting new beginnings apart from each other for over 18 years. Then came a place in their lives for them to reconnect. With the power of computer and networking forums they found each other. It wasn't long before these two rekindled what they left behind. This is when the newest and most beautiful love story begins. For many months they traveled between California and Arizona to see each other. Karla being such a funny girl seems to always get the surprises out of Ray.  Ray knew he didn't want to live the rest of his life without Karla so he planned  a  surprise getaway. When the planning didn't work, he blurted over the phone," I want to marry you Karla! I want to propose to you! I've been waiting for the right time that financially I will be able to support you, and give you the wedding you've always dreamed of." Not but a few weeks later he started a new job in Iraq, training the new police force for the country. This job required a lot of time apart, but his promise to Karla was true, as her wedding of her dreams came to life.  
 
Ray and Karla, you both make my heart smile to see how in love you two are. All the phone calls with Karla whether it was to look at jewelry, shoes, or visit you at your home. I was more than happy to help you on this special day. Bill and I are so honored to be their to capture this beautiful time of your lives.

To see more of their love story please click on the link, I promise this is a slideshow you don't want to miss! http://cliftonphotography.myshowit.com/rayandkarla-1/index.html

A quick note for my brides and future brides. Karla and Ray made special arrangements for us to have 2 hours of shooting time for their portrait session. I know not everyone has this flexability, but the positive is having more portraits and more creativity for your albums. 

This picture I just adore! If you can see in the mirror a young girl who is Karla's daughter watching her mother getting ready.
Ray looking a little GQ!
The mission is such a photographer's dream, I could of been there all day! The venue only allows you a total of 20 minutes to shoot, but we worked our charm and had 40 minutes! 
Karla you are gorgeous!

My husband Bill was the second photographer at the wedding so while I was capturing the left photo he captured the photo on the right. 



6 comments:

  1. I want to see more!!! The colors are so soft and romantic! You know my favorite one... great job Rita, it really shows the LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita!!! I absolutely LOVED all the pics. You and Bill are awsome. We had so much fun with you guys, anyone who gets the opportunity to work with you is very lucky and can expect nothing but the BEST. All I can say is your work is stunning!!! You are not only the best photographer but also a fashionista, who was always willing to go out of her way to make sure we had a perfect day. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita and Billy, Just wanted to say I finally got to see the pics, due to internet problems. From someone who hates to take pics, you guys made it alot of fun. You guys did an awesome job. From Iraq, Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost missed the slide show. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete